January 6th, 2005
|ECLIPSE's Hard Disk-Based Navigation Unit "AVN5495"
Introduced to the U.S. Market at CES 2005
@FUJITSU TEN LIMITED(Headquarters: Kobe, Japan, President: Takamitsu Tsuchimoto, Capital: 5.3billion
yen) announces hard disk-based navigation AVN5495, the company's new product
lineup for the ECLIPSE brand navigation series.
@AVN5495 was developed from the concept AVN; integration of audio, visual
and navigation technologies into a single double-DIN sized product, which
enhanced a car's center console. In 1997, ECLIPSE was the first to introduce
the integrated AVN concept in Japan and today enjoys a leading position
as a manufacturer of innovative mobile electronics. The current product
line in Japan features seven AVN units, HDD-based as well as DVD-based.
In 2004, the first AVN units for sales abroad debuted in the United States
and China, gaining much recognition. However, AVN5495 is the first hard
disk-based navigation introduced to overseas' markets.
@ The United States is still a market where car navigation has only penetrated
the market and therefore the market is significantly smaller than that
of Japan. However interest is rapidly growing and the potential is tremendous.
Navigation products from other Japanese manufacturers are also being well
received and this is encouraging for market expansion.
@ ECLIPSE is currently the sole manufacturer of double-DIN all-in-one
units for sale in the United States. The increasing sales of Japanese automobiles
is encouraging as all Japanese automobiles are designed to have double-DIN
sized installation space in center consoles and consequently offers an
optimal window of opportunity to expand sales in the U.S.
@AVN5495 features a 30GB hard disk drive that provides 10GB for navigation
database and 20GB for storage of maximum of 3,000 music files. The navigation
database covers the contiguous United States as well as Hawaii and parts
of Canada and being hard disk-based, responds instantly. Music files are
automatically created from CDs by the "Music Juke" function as
they are inserted and into the head unit. AVN5495 plays DVD-Video, CDs,
CD-R/RWs and MP3 files and provides multichannel surround sound as Circle
Surround II* technology is incorporated.
@ AVN5495 along with other new products will make its debut at the "2005
Consumer Electronics Show" to be held in Las Vegas from January 6
through January 9, 2005.
*Circle Surround II is a registered trademark of SRS Labs, Inc.
||AVN5495 ESN E5 6.5"Wide Touch-Panel Display CD/DVD/MS Multi-Source
Receiver with HDD Navigation
||1,000 units per month
||to be determined
- ¡30GB HDD Incorporated
- 10GB for Navigation database and 20GB for Music Juke feature
- ¡Maximum of 3,000 Songs in HDD "Music Juke" Function
- Music Juke automatically "rips" tracks from CDs in the effective
ATRAC3 format and will hold up to 3,000 songs. In addition, 230thousand
CDDB* feature is included to instantly provide track information on album
and artist names.
- @*CDBB is a trademark of Gracenote Co.
- ¡DVD Video, CD, CD-R/RW, MP3 Playback
- ¡Multichannel Surround Sound from Any Program Sources
- The AVN5495 incorporates Circle Surround II* technology for enjoying surround sound from any program source whether DVD-Videos, CDs, and MP3 files with just four speakers without requiring a center channel and subwoofer.
- @*Circle Surround II is a registered trademark of SRS Labs, Inc
- ¡High-resolution 6.5"wide Display
- Since the display must function for navigation tasks as well as playing DVD-Video,
it must offer a high degree of image resolution, clarity and optimal brightness.
The AVN5495 allows dual zone operation and includes an additional video output for rear
seat viewing enjoyment while navigation can be accessed in front.
- ¡Rear Monitor - ready
- Connecting to a rear monitor, DVD video is compatible at back seat while using navigation in front.
- ¡ECLIPSE Security Network
- The AVN5495 includes Memory Stick compatibility to allow easy exchange of digital files. In addition, a Memory Stick can be used as a key device in ECLIPSE's proprietary security measure ESN. ESN disables the entire system when the unit is removed without authorization
- ¡Intuitive Touch Control
- The display panel responds to touch control for navigation and audio operational
commands, allowing intuitive operation with just a fingertip.
- ¡Audiophile-grade Output
- Maintaining ECLIPSE's traditional high-performance audio philosophy, the AVN5495 delivers a high 5V preamp output
level with a low 55-ohm impedance, which ensures driving external amplification optimally with minimal
noise and distortion.
- ¡Built-in Power Amplification
- A power amplification section with 50W of power into 4 channels is incorporated in the AVN5495.
- ¡System Expansion Options
- The AVN5495 easily connects to a rear view camera as well as an optional CD changer and
other sources to expand a system as desired.